Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bangkok Trip from Nikon FG

Finally the film get its way to be develop and scanned. I shoot only in "A" aperture priority mode. If the subject is backlit, I will set compensation +2 to it. Otherwise the rest is at +0.5. I'm using Fujifilm Superia 400 for the photos. I din't manage to finish to roll so I'm not able to use the Kodak Tri-X B&W film. So here you go.

The architecture in the Royal Palace get lots of influence from the Hindu culture. This is the guardian of the temple.

The color and contrast out of this film is magnificent, even comparable to today's standard digital camera. 

They are constantly maintain the buildings, so all the fine details can be preserved.
I have shot this Buddha 2 years ago with my first DSLR. Now I shot it with my first Film Camera.

The detail it managed to capture is stunningly good.

Just simple flower from a coffee shop nearby our hotel.

The famous four-faced Buddha temple near Siam.

The shopping queen buying caps at the new airport.

I like the architecture of BTS station. It always create very scenic feel.

Bangkok BTS always a nice place to get streets like photos.
There are lots of street vendors around the city selling all sorts of stuff.
All the photos from the trip was taken with Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E Series, where by some of the shot below are taken with the new Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D (borrowed from my friend) in order for me to do a comparison. The newer D lens focus closer (45cm) compared to the E-series at 60cm. Image quality wise I feel it is almost the same. You get greater magnification from the D lens since it focus closer.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E-Series
Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D

They stick like UHU glue for a very long time, so I guess it deserve a picture.

Bokeh from the "D" lens.

Performance at Publika.



I hope you enjoy the photos. P/S: Just loaded the Tri-X film...Next Issue: Black & White Series!!! Stay tuned.

Want to know how I started on film? click here.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment